Thursday, March 31, 2005

AFLAC!! AFLAC!! Insurer Loses Customer Information

American Family Life Assurance Co., also known as AFLAC, is reporting that it has lost reels of magnetic tape containing the personal data of 17,000 policyholders.

It said the information was probably discarded by mistake.

An AFLAC official said, "There is a high possibility that the tapes have been scrapped within our company, along with other unnecessary magnetic media."

The firm said it had not detected any sign that the personal information was obtained by a third party.

The data on the holders of group insurance policies comprise the names, birth dates, amounts of premiums and code numbers denoting policy types of the policyholders, including those who belong to an incorporated foundation in Hyogo Prefecture, the company said. The data were stored in four volumes.

Officials in charge of the computer system at the Tokyo-based head office of AFLAC's Japanese subsidiary noticed on March 15 that the volumes were missing.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog - good info. If you don't mind, I'm going to bookmark and link to it. I have a simple com credit free report website with com credit free report related stuff. Check it out!

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well this blog is not about madrid hotel discount. Funny I have been do hours of research on madrid hotel discount and it brought me to your blog on AFLAC!! AFLAC!! Insurer Loses Customer Information. The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog Privacy Lawyer and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
I may snag your blog and put it in my favorites.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I think maybe I'm not so smart about all this blogging stuff. I've been searching for information on BocaCC Broker but I ended up at AFLAC!! AFLAC!! Insurer Loses Customer Information. Seems like a stretch, doesn't it? Not sure where my site fits into all this. Guess it takes time to figure it out. Anyway, I enjoyed stopping by your blog and I wish you happy blogging.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I think maybe I'm not so smart about all this blogging stuff. I've been searching for information on Boca Raton Broker but I ended up at AFLAC!! AFLAC!! Insurer Loses Customer Information. Seems like a stretch, doesn't it? Not sure where my site fits into all this. Guess it takes time to figure it out. Anyway, I enjoyed stopping by your blog and I wish you happy blogging.

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every so often a post like AFLAC!! AFLAC!! Insurer Loses Customer Information grabs my attention while I'm chasing around for the latest
and greatest info about university develop personal growth . And what a pleasure to read someone who apparently not only knows what they're talking about, but apparently also walks the talk. Thank you Privacy Lawyer . Is there any chance you'll be commenting on university develop personal growth at any stage?

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home