Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Google Asks Government to Allow it Disclose its Compliance With Requests for User Information

 
Google, citing hard work to over users' trust, has written to Eric Holder and FBI Director Mueller asking them to "help make it possible for Google to publish in information about its cooperation with requests or demands for user information relating national security requests, including FISA disclosures."

Google states "Google’s numbers would clearly show that our compliance with these requests falls far short of the claims being made. Google has nothing to hide."

Few organizations have the potential to gather and aggregate as much user information as does Google, and as it does so to a greater extent, (through search, Gmail, Google Plus, Blogger, Youtube) its credibility that it safeguards users' personal information will become a valuable corporate asset. This is true for other companies as well, of course, so it will not be surprising to see other organizations take similar steps to the letter Google's Chief Legal Officer sent today, especially now that Google has taken the lead.

Dear Attorney General Holder and Director Mueller

Google has worked tremendously hard over the past fifteen years to earn our users’ trust. For example, we offer encryption across our services; we have hired some of the best security engineers in the world; and we have consistently pushed back on overly broad government requests for our users’ data.

We have always made clear that we comply with valid legal requests. And last week, the Director of National Intelligence acknowledged that service providers have received Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) requests.

Assertions in the press that our compliance with these requests gives the U.S. government unfettered access to our users’ data are simply untrue. However, government nondisclosure obligations regarding the number of FISA national security requests that Google receives, as well as the number of accounts covered by those requests, fuel that speculation.

We therefore ask you to help make it possible for Google to publish in our Transparency Report aggregate numbers of national security requests, including FISA disclosures—in terms of both the number we receive and their scope. Google’s numbers would clearly show that our compliance with these requests falls far short of the claims being made. Google has nothing to hide.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty nіce ροst. I just stumbleԁ
upon your blog and wаnted tο say that I have trulу enjoyed ѕuгfing aгound your blog postѕ.
In аnу cаse I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

Here is my page hemroids-piles.com *instantfrontline.com*

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby clothing contains gone beyond purely being apparel.
Gucci was sensible for making quite many making practices of the organisations products.
His son, however, didn't have interest in taking over the family business organisation. Look for into the craftsmanship of the purses and handbags. http://forum.iutmav.com/member.php?action=profile&uid=960

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remarkable! this short article is genuinely wonderful.
I'm a 25yr old British born 3 quarters Italian (Sicilian) and the relaxation Asian/Indian, and without having question vast majority of these traits and characteristics outlined above come so quite naturally to me, even without realizing most of the time, despite the fact that I've quite small Italian in me.
I strongly agree on quantity eight I'm sure other females in other cultures view motherhood as the very same, but I have to confess I individually see motherhood as a blessing from over and I will cherish the working day I'm
blessed (not that I am in any hurry to marry
or have young children). Living in London and being blended race I look pretty much like an Indian woman, Though I have
all of the "typical" Sicilian look: Shoulder
length chestnut hair somewhat wavy but that is because from the Indian in me, slender physique, at occasions rather than happy to state quite flamboyant in my speech particularly if it's anything I strongly really feel about, very hygienic my brother suggests I have OCD in relation to cleaning, I am property happy plus a family members kind girl from a big loved ones. My private appearance includes minimal but complimenting make-up, neutral coloured properly equipped personalized clothing and that i barely put on shoes also high for me to walk in. Individuals assume I am completely Indian. However I'm single and have already been
to get a while, I'd adore to meet an Italian guy as I feel that I will be well suited with a man with Italian society, birds in the identical feather appropriate? But where are all of these one Italian guys hiding in Uk?? Since I look Indian (if I used to be in Sicily I'd look just like
the typical Sicilian) I only appear to entice Indian guys, I've no troubles with this and to become sincere I never have concerns with any race or color, But due to the fact of the cultural variations as well as other things my previous interactions didn't work out.
I've tried paying the majority of my cost-free time around locations where you'll find Italian communities,
I am not genuinely a single for dating internet sites
I like to date the traditional way of assembly someone and so forth.
None of the works for me sadly I have an excellent profession for my age and that i really feel that
I'm not as well undesirable searching, Are there any ideas you are able to give me on attracting an Italian man? I understand that I am drifting in the topic but was asking yourself in the event you could give me any suggestions? Apologies for that essay... I love to speak and may go on... Okay I am going to cease now lol

Here is my homepage :: 2gts

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am no longer positive where you are getting уour information, howevег grеat toρіc.
Ι neеds to spend a while findіng
οut much morе οr figuring out more.
Thanks for magnifiсеnt info I used to be looking fοr thiѕ information for my mission.


mу blog рost: Read More

3:09 AM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

balenciaga shoes
longchamp
jordans
golden goose sneakers
kyrie 5 spongebob
kanye west yeezy
moncler coat
off white shoes
yeezy boost 350 v2
air yeezy

2:41 AM  
Blogger menna said...

سما الخليج
شركة تنظيف ستائر بالبخار فى عجمان
شركة مكافحة حشرات فى عجمان
شركة مكافحة الرمة فى عجمان

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home